Who We Are & History
- Chartered in 1971 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) as Reliance Athens Employess Federal Credit Union to serve the employees of the Reliance Manufacturing Plant in Athens, GA.
- Expanded charter in 2003 to a Community Charter; serving all of Athens/Clarke County. Changed name to First Reliance Federal Credit Union.
- Expanded charter once again in 2012 to include Madison, Oconee and Oglethorpe counties.
- First Reliance Federal Credit Union is the only credit union established in the Athens community and serving the entire Athens/Clarke community and surrounding counties.
- First Reliance Federal Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA.
THE MISSION STATEMENT of the credit union is “To provide personal and trustworthy service to the community by building relationships for life.”